Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Slackers Recompense

I've been slacking.
I haven't written you a poem.
I haven't drawn you a picture.
I haven't given you a flower.
And yet you still stay.
I know I've been slacking.
I haven't told you fun stories.
I haven't made you smile lately.
I haven't surprised you in any way.
And yet you still stay.
But I'll make it up to you.
Here is my poem.
Here is my picture.
Here is my flower.
They'll all be packed together.
When the petals fall.
And the night moon shines.
When the thorns glisten.
Crimson red.
And the fireflies act.
As Dancers.
As Fairies.
As Angles of the wood.
Trailing their path for us to follow.
Their soft red homes glowing along the way.
Up the ancient oak.
On the branches formed for sitting.
And their dance gives birth to stars.
Illuminating the indigo sky.

2 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwww.
    really though. this is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Quality... you kinda write a bit like me... keep away from the typical... http://cormackiddo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete