Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ode to a Life

The night is almost at an end.
The new born sun starts it’s ascend.
The last jet streams fade in the wind.
The colors which my soul depends.
My spirit soars with the new light.
Horses now chew dew powdered grass.
Life giving birds demand release,
Feared no more by the night’s demons.
I run, my view on that fair sky
Though the tree’s silhouette leaves try
With their mass to glory defy
And my dog, he runs by my side
The run is done, the mind is clear
The tree’s have lost, the sky has won
All heaven reigns loose upon this life
While my dog, he rests by my side
That day went on like other days
Yet had I known, I would have saved
Both him and all the tears I cried
For while I worked my dog, he died
It was a car he climbed into.
But child ran past and closed the door,
Unaware that our sun gives life,
Inspires life, and brings it to end.
The day was done, the sun had set.
Tears rose ornamenting the stars.
The dog, he rests in the cold earth,
While his greatness runs through my mind.

1 comment:

  1. This is a God-given gift you have my friend; this poem is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete